Hertz Introduces The All-Electric Tesla Model S To Expanding U.S. Dream Cars
Sep 25, 2013
PARK RIDGE, N.J., Sept. 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Hertz Corporation (NYSE: HTZ), the world's largest general use airport car rental brand, today announced the expansion of its Dream Cars with the introduction of the all-electric Tesla Model S in the U.S. With the expansion, consumers in select markets are now able to rent both the Tesla Model S and Tesla Roadster, along with a variety of other high-end performance vehicles, from Ferrari to Lamborghini to Porsche and Mercedes Benz, offered in Hertz's Dream Cars, a line of ultra-high-end performance vehicles that redefine the premium car rental experience.
"Customer and industry support for Hertz's Dream Cars has been overwhelming, so adding the Tesla Model S to the already outstanding fleet was an easy choice," said Mark P. Frissora, Hertz Chairman and CEO. "The ability to offer a truly unique driving experience to Hertz customers is a thrill, and the addition of this vehicle shows the passion we have in offering the best and most diverse fleet to our customers."
The Tesla Model S will be available in California – at San Francisco and Los Angeles airports -- and are the 85kWh model, capable of 265 miles on one charge. The all electric, zero emissions car can go 0-60 mph in 4.2 seconds. The Tesla Model S is the world's first premium sedan built from the ground up as an electric vehicle. At the heart of Model S is the proven Tesla powertrain, delivering both unprecedented range and a thrilling drive experience. With a rigid body structure, nearly 50/50 weight distribution and a low center of gravity, Model S offers the responsiveness and agility expected from the world's best sports cars while providing the ride quality of a luxury performance sedan. The Tesla Model S was named Motor Trend's 2013 Car of the Year [R] and received Consumer Reports highest score ever given to a car as well as NHTSA's 5-star safety rating.
Hertz Dream Cars expand the availability for consumers to enjoy an once-in-a-lifetime luxury travel experience. Hertz Dream Cars, offered in 35 markets including Los Angeles, Miami and Las Vegas, includes:
Aston Martin V8 Vantage
Audi R8, Spyder
Bentley Continental GT
Ferrari (California, F430)
Land Rover Range Rover Sport
Mercedes-Benz AMG (SLS, C63, E63)
Mercedes-Benz (SL550, G550)
Porsche (911, Cayenne, Boxster, Panamera)
Tesla Model S
The introduction of the all-electric Tesla Model S is part of Hertz's Living Journey which focuses on the integration of sustainability best practices into the Company's operations. Hertz's Living Journey focuses on smart mobility solutions, the environment, community outreach, and Hertz's overall commitment to corporate social responsibility. Through Hertz's Living Journey, 74% of Hertz's cars average 28+ mpg and the Company's Green Traveler Collection features low emission and fuel efficient vehicles which average better than 48+ mpg and includes a range of Hybrids, Electric, CNG, and clean diesel vehicles.
Hertz has been recognized for its sustainability achievements and has received Zagat's "Best Green Options", Global Business Travel Association's "Sustainable Innovation Award", Swedish Association of Green Motorists' "Most Environmentally Friendly Car Rental Company", and Fleet News UK's "Environmental Award."
Hertz is committed to providing customers the fastest, easiest and most valued rental experience with technological innovations and personalized service, which include:
- Carfirmation: A mobile email/SMS text service – Mobile Gold Alerts -- that confirms a Gold customer's reservation, advises of their car, and its location at the Hertz facility.
- Carfirmation Upgrade: Shows other available cars and upgrades and lets members select the one they want – all on their mobile device in three simple steps.
- Choose Control: Hertz Gold Choice gives the customer the power to keep the car they reserved or simply choose another, something no other car rental brand offers.
- Zap Technology: Hertz's e-Return is the fastest way for customers to return their cars with a receipt emailed to the customer in a flash.
- Acceler-Rental: Hertz is the first car rental company to now offer both airport and neighborhood location customers the ability to rent cars through a live face-to-face video kiosk with Hertz ExpressRent™ kiosks.
- Mobile Apps: As consumers are looking to mobile technologies as a way to take control of their travel experience, from on-the-go bookings to instant upgrades.
- Hertz App: Book, modify and search car rental reservations, find locations, and browse special deals and offers all from the palm of your hand.
- Hertz NeverLost My Explore App: Users can plan their itinerary and navigate popular cities all on their smart phones.
- Hertz 24/7 App: Customers have 24/7 access to a variety of vehicles when and where they need them with the ability to reserve a car or modify an existing reservation and view upcoming and previous reservations.
Hertz operates its car rental business through the Hertz, Dollar, Thrifty, and Firefly brands from approximately 10,400 corporate, licensee and franchisee locations in North America, Europe, Latin America, Asia, Australia, Africa, the Middle East and New Zealand. Hertz is the largest worldwide airport general use car rental brand, operating from approximately 8,800 corporate and licensee locations in approximately 150 countries. Hertz is the number one airport car rental brand in the U.S. and at 111 major airports in Europe. Hertz is an inaugural member of Travel + Leisure's World's Best Awards Hall of Fame and was recently named, for the fourteenth time, by the magazine's readers as the Best Car Rental Agency. Hertz was also voted the Best Overall Car Rental Company in Zagat's 2013/14 U.S. Car Rental Survey, earning top honors in 10 additional categories, and the Company swept the global awards for Best Rewards Program and Best Overall Benefits from FlyerTalk.com. Product and services such as Hertz Gold Plus Rewards, NeverLost®, and unique cars and SUVs offered through the Company's Adrenaline, Prestige and Green Traveler Collections, set Hertz apart from the competition. Additionally, Hertz owns the vehicle leasing and fleet management leader Donlen Corporation and operates a leading North American equipment rental business, Hertz Equipment Rental Corporation, which includes Hertz Entertainment Services.
SOURCE The Hertz Corporation
For further information: Paula Rivera, (201) 307-2824, email@example.com